Are you bored of your current work-out routine? Do you enjoy running, climbing and crawling through the mud? Try the Warrior Dash! In 2017, I did the 5k Warrior Dash with my husband. It was a great work-out and a fun bonding experience. Research shows that the couple that prays and plays together, stays together!
This race is the easiest “mud race” out there and it can be done at your own pace. If any particular obstacle in the Warrior Dash is too difficult for you, just move onto the next one. Read on to find out more about the Warrior Dash!
If you are already in shape, you might not have to train for the Warrior Dash. I chose to train for three months because I wanted to strengthen my body after having a baby. I did running, squats, lunges, burpees, push-ups, weight training and other work-outs that my husband designed for me. At the end of the week, he played with the kids on the playground while I did my exercises. It felt wonderful to work-out again!
- Climbing over bleachers. This was the most difficult obstacle for me because it was really high. The climb itself was not hard, but it was scary because we had to climb on the back side of the bleachers. My palms are sweaty from just thinking about it!
- Wading through mud paths. This was easy and fun!
- Crawling under barbed wire. I enjoyed all of the crawling events. Also, some obstacles required us to lie on our backs while grabbing onto ropes above us.
- Rope climbing. This was actually a fun novelty event for me because the wall was not very steep.
- Running. We also walked when we got tired.
- Advancing from platform to platform while being sprinkled with water from above. It felt like we were in a video game!
- Fire jump. This sounds scary, but the fire is very small. We held hands and jumped over together!
- Ginormous slide into swampy mud. This was like a high waterpark ride!
- Wading through a thick mud pit. This was the last obstacle at the end of the race. It’s a great work-out for the lower body!
The whole race took us about two hours. After you cross the finish line, you receive a medal, you get hosed down and you can pick-up a free t-shirt. There’s also beer, food and other fun activities after you cross the finish line!
Which mud races have you tried?